Thursday, June 12, 2014

Always Finding Excuses

As a personal trainer, I'm used to everyone "not needing" my help- either because they're too embarrassed to ask (most common), lack of funding for a trainer, or just flat out honestly think they know it all. But at the same time, I see way too many people training with bad form, avoiding the important lifts, and- worst of all- walking around the gym completely lost. This can all be avoided by just hiring a personal trainer.

With my online training tools, I can aid clients without them feeling insecure in front of a trainer. Simply insert the numbers in your phone and click done. Easy, right? Nope. Now pricing was an issue. I charge a fairly cheap price for personalized programming and that's the issue. I have Bodybuilding.com to compete with- who offers free training programs to anyone willing to click print. Well, you have to think about something... why is it (ahem)...free?

Yes, free is always better but free means the producer of that product put little to no effort into it. And another thing to think about- ALL THE WORKOUTS ON ANY WEBSITE THAT ARE FREE ARE NOT CATERED TO YOU. People often ignore that fact and think, "Well, it got so and so shredded, it'll do the same for me." As far as free workout programs go: the trainer sat down for 3-4 hours- if that- and made one copy of the workout for upwards of tens of thousands participants, inserted a generic diet plan, and (as some sites do) a supplement list that they highly recommend. [Of course sometimes they'll add optional exercises for special situations]

Enter: TamezTraining. I have a consultation form emailed to clients that covers pretty much everything I need to know to tailor a program to your specific needs. Everything from available equipment to self-motivation levels are taken into consideration when I make programs. I'll be honest, sometimes I pull my hair out making programs. But only because I want the absolute best for my clients (to my ability). Accountability. That's what you're paying for. If the program doesn't work, I take blame. If it does work, you're the one putting the work in. Give it a try. Contact me and see if I fit your needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment