Friday, June 6, 2014

IIFYM vs. BroScience

Eat ANYTHING you want- just as long as it fits your prescribed macronutrients- and get ripped. Sounds great, huh? IIFYM isn't anything new to the fitness industry but it seems to have picked up a lot of speed as of late. But still, I stick to the typical "BroScience" clean eating diet of white rice, chicken, and veggies (when I do diet). Why torture myself when I could be eating cheeseburgers to lose bodyfat? Same reason anyone does anything in any particular way- it works for me.

When trying to lose bodyfat, I like having to wake up a little earlier or stay up a little later to cook and prep 5-6 clean meals and a protein shake or two. I like that process. [side note: I'm currently on a broscience bulk diet] It just feels like nowadays the old school clean diet is becoming the CrossFit of nutrition; just because people don't agree with it, they go into a craze preaching 'easier' ways when everyone should just be happy something is getting done.

But, like I said, whatever works for you and whatever you like, is what you should do. I'll leave some links with calculators so you can try out both styles and see what fits for you.


http://macronutrientcalculator.com/

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

No comments:

Post a Comment