Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bad Coaching is KILLING CrossFit

Oh, CrossFit. You try and try to redeem yourself with challenging workout and the CrossFit Games (http://games.crossfit.com/)- which I actually enjoy watching. Your athletes have probably the best endurance in the industry, aside from marathoners, but I'll be honest when I say I probably wouldn't be able to finish a WOD at the local "box" (box is what they call CrossFit gyms). But, when you allow boxes to open with PATHETIC coaches who don't give a rats ass about the body- especially the spine- I can't hardly sympathize. Check out the video:





Call me stupid, but I really don't understand the resting of the bar on the abdominal wall to switch hand grip. Hell, I don't know why the participants are using an over-under grip for a clean & jerk in the first place. And their spine... Jesus Christ somebody needs to help them. I mean: do the 'coaches' in this video not know how to do a simple Google search on clean and jerk technique? You can find at LEAST 20 legitimate videos on YouTube on proper form for this lift.

In my hometown, I had always heard that the local box's membership cost about $120/month. [note: I just did a quick search and found they can go upwards of $200/month] I can reason with that assuming the coach/trainers are there to make sure you don't kill yourself. But if gyms like the one in the video are charging $120- they better be including a visit to a chiropractic.

If CrossFit allows boxes like this one to exist, then crossfitters better expect the jokes.



PS. I am all for exercise. Anything is better than anything. CrossFit is a good way to stay in shape. This blog was aimed towards the REASON CrossFit has such a bad reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment